Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tumbler Quilt Kit




I bought this pre-cut kit months ago, at Quilter's Corner in Olde Ridge Village, Concordville, PA. My friend Ellen showed me her kit and I had to have one too - I loved the earth tones of the gorgeous batiks.

I was hesitant to get started because I knew my OCD traits would put me through torture - I wouldn't be satisfied until I laid out all the blocks and made sure the 20 different fabrics were evenly dispersed.  Well, after a half hour or so of rearranging the blocks on a table during the November mini-retreat held by my local quilt guild I realized I had to stop and STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE...I would never be satisfied with the placement!  There will always be two similar fabrics too close to each other. I need to GET OVER IT!  

Today I just jumped in and started stitching rows, and by the end of the afternoon I had all 9 rows done and sewn together.  Now if I can just stay motivated to add the two borders tomorrow I will be ready to shop for backing fabric. I can't believe I made this much progress in just one day. One rainy, gray, chilly Sunday...



No comments:

Post a Comment